First of all, countless millions of thank you to all the secretaries, servants and all the staff of Pertubuhan Tarekat Muktabar Malaysia (PERTAMA) and the citizens of Advanced Studies on Islam, Science and Civilisation (CASIS) who have contributed in generating the World Haflah Zikir 2017 and International Ulama Conference 2017. Alhamdulillah with His grace and mercy, the International Ulama Conference 2017 was successfully held. The conference was attended by ulama’ from almost 38 countries, government agencies, academics both lecturers and students and civil society. This gathering of ulama’ and academics has sparked a collaborative idea in the development of knowledge in the world and the linkage of Islamic jurisprudence with public. The following is the resolution of the International Ulama Conference 2017 themed “Islam and Awakening of Civilization” which was held on 26-28 July 2017 at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Kuala Lumpur. The conference was organized by the Pertubuhan Tarekat Muktabar Malaysia (PERTAMA) in collaboration with Center for Advanced Studies on Islam, Science and Civilisation (CASIS), UTM Kuala Lumpur. After assembling and discussing for three days, about 100 ulama’ from 38 countries, summarize the following things to guide the leaders and the Muslim community in Malaysia in particular and in the world:
- To meet the challenge of secularism that absorbs all aspects of society life, including in the education system since colonial times, everyone are expected to understand the philosophy of Islamic education properly and to implement it well and to empower and expand the implementation of the generation of Ulul Albab generation as the next generation support the rise of Islamic civilization. Targeted in 2050, Islamic civilization will lead the world’s conquest.
- Islamic governments are advised to take the initiative to strengthen the understanding of Islam among society and take a proactive step in ensuring that every level of society gets good religious and moral knowledge so that they by themselves avoid from doing bad things. This is because Islam is a religion characterized by grace and guidance, not a harsh and hateful religion.
- In facing the challenges of Islamophobia and the bad image of Islam there is no choice but to unite Muslims. Therefore, Muslims need to identify the main issues of thought and spiritual which are the root of external problems such as social, moral, economic and political.
- Tasawwuf’s role and ulama’of Sunnah Wal Jamaah (ASWJ) scholars need to be lifted and restored so that Muslims are protected from the effects of deviant and extreme thoughts. Tasawuf education needs to be restored and played through the role of religious teachers, schools and zawiyyah in delivering spiritual knowledge and spreading the books of ulama’ ASWJ in kalam and tasawuf
- Muslims, especially those who are educated, need to have the wisdom in dealing with diversity and differences, taking the spirit of ‘dakwah bil hikmah’. Hostility and clash with the “other” need to be replaced with self-reflection, dictating from tazkiyat al-nafs to be able to deal with others with wisdom and effectiveness.
- Understanding the fact that Western philosophical thinking must be faced with the full force of Islamic thought, so we urge and support the efforts of the Malaysian government to revive the ISTAC that has succeeded in expanding the mission of empowering Islamic Thought and Civilization in comparison with the history and culture of other civilizations.
- Agreed to establish a World Sufi Center (WSC) based in Malaysia as a research and coordination body to apply the values of tasawuf order in the development and life of humanity. Initially for the first two years, Pertubuhan Tarekat Muktabar Malaysia (PERTAMA) are seated to oversee World Sufi Centre (WSC) operations.
- Agreed and support the establishment of the International Journal of Sufism as a platform that highlights scientific studies in the importance of ummah. And agree to develop the Intrumen Pengukuran Tarekat Muktabar (i-Tariq)as a method of verification of the authenticity tarekat of the worldwide.
1556total visits,4visits today